Saturday, April 29, 2017

Book Reviews Earn Five Stars


Smashwords Review by: Jim Allingham on April 28, 2017 
"As one of the former GI newscasters caught in the middle of the 1969-1970 AFVN Censorship controversy, I found Rick Fredericksen's book to be an enlightening, if not cathartic experience for me. For the last 47 years, I've often wondered if there was more to the story. Rick's brilliant research, combined with his personal recollections of that era, have given me the most complete account to date. Rick was already a "veteran" AFVN newscaster when I arrived in July, 1969 and he was the first to greet me and "show me the ropes" of the AFVN News operation. He was a dedicated, hard-working, talented military journalist who won my personal respect and admiration from our first handshake. Rick's book should be a "must-read" for all aspiring military journalists and broadcasters. The myriad detail that Rick provides does not clutter his incredibly smooth writing style. In fact, it documents the history of AFVN and that era with a fresh, but compelling read. Thanks, Rick. Welcome home!"
SP5 Jim Allingham
AFVN News
Saigon & Hon Tre Island
1969-1970

Kindle Review: on April 24, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition|Verified Purchase
Fascinating! I could not put this down and finished in 1 day! It brings back memories of and era forgotten but should not be. The writing style keeps you attention and is more story telling than a mere list of historical facts. Job well done from a fellow Marine! Joe F.

No comments:

Post a Comment